Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Pow!

I ordered a set of steel letter stampers from eBay with the intention of using them to imprint wet silver clay before firing.

My first experiment was a simple but effective one...

Pow! pendant - first draft

A little nod to comic books.  I really love this, it is for myself but I am going to make some more for my shop definitely.  The edges are a little pointy and therefore sharp, not enough to be used as an offensive weapon, handy enough for cleaning fingernails perhaps?  Ew!  I think the next attempt will need to be a little smoother.

Pow! pendant - first draft

I used liver of sulphar to blacken it, then cleaned it back to silver again, leaving a little blackness to the imprinted letters so they stood out more.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love to hear from my readers and customers :)